Monday, August 24, 2009

Rent (the non-musical)


Woohoo...I've got my place rented, thanks to my buddy Craig.

I had originally posted on Craigslist about 3 weeks ago. I reposted the ad Sunday about 2pm after my niece (below, middle), who's couch-surfing with her fiance from San Jose, Calif. to Erie, Pa., left for her next destination. Within 10 minutes I actually had two calls and an e-mail.

Craigslist only lets you post at designated intervals, days apart, to avoid abusers who will simply repost every 10 minutes in order to get to the top of the list.

This time, I chose to include my phone number since I no longer have to be coy about what my plans are.


This is a great weight off my shoulders, though I still have to figure out my luggage/transport system for getting belongings to Riyadh. And in the meantime, I have to get to Erie myself for my other niece's wedding (left) over Labor Day, and then back to Phoenix to close out the house.

This will be the first time I've seen all three together for a few years. Aren't they cuties?

Saturday, one of my friends treated me to a little video and book shopping spree at Bookmans (a big used book store chain). Tonight, one of my pro bono clients is taking me out to dinner. This is essentially my final week at home before I head out to the Kingdom.

Photo of me with Craig Newmark (right) taken at Arizona State University, College of Design "Design Excellence Dinner," Apr. 17, 2009. Needless to say, he had nothing to do with renting my house. I don't think................................
.........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment